Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Moose Report: #3

What has been your most successful lesson where you have integrated technology so far? What made it successful? How would you modify it for the next time you use it?What are some other ways you are planning on integrating technology this year?

My most successful lesson using the smart board was for teaching dissection. I used several pictures from Google Image Search to put together a series of pictures which follow the section of the dissection packet that the children fill out as they do the dissection. By using the smart board to move between the pictures, I could highlight certain section, magnify different organs, turn it around and look at if from different view. I also used a jeopardy template to study for the Virus/Bacteria test. The students were definitely more focused during the review, but I did not see any significant change in their grades on the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment